Levett School of Education
Students must meet the following five requirements:
- Passing or cumulative score on the examination PRAXIS Core Academic Skills Assessment in Reading (156), Writing (158), and Mathematics (150), or a combined score of 464 on all three; an exempting score of 22 on the ACT, or an exempting score of 1100 on the SAT, in accordance with the South Carolina Department of Education’s updated program admission assessment requirements;
- Three letters of reference submitted, two of which must be from previous professors;
- 45 credit hours of general education course work with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale;
- Broad-scan background check;
- Pass prescribed writing assessment;
Selected students then arrange an interview with the Teacher Education Committee.
Allen University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate and masters degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and Schools at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Allen University.